Stairs may seem very straight forward, but many people don’t realize the multiple types of staircases available. To achieve the best look for your home, you want to choose a design that you feel drawn to and that will work with your house. Here are 10 types of staircases to consider.
- Flower petal staircase. This staircase is in a spiral shape with specific, curved steps leading to the upper level. From above, when looking down you see what can only be described as a flower, the stairs and railing creating the petals. From downstairs, the staircase looks very elegant but simple.
- Sloping staircase. This is a simple staircase with steps like small triangles from left to right or right to left, alternating the lower end based on the previous step. The top stair is flat. This is a simple yet playful design that catches your eye and creates a fun way to travel up and down stairs.
- Staircase slide. These stairs can either be straight or spiraled, and are the same as a normal staircase but with a slide built onto the side. The slide can be made of wood or metal depending on the look that is trying to be achieved. These stairs will make going downstairs especially fun for children, but also create a whimsical look.
- Library slider staircase. This staircase is created with shelves as stairs perfect for storing book collections. There are also slides on the library slider staircase, again creating a great, kid-friendly staircase (and maybe encouraging kids to read!).
- Steep staircase. These stairs are made with individual slabs of wood or metal attached to opposing walls. These stairs have a steep incline but are made with a railing as well for safety.
- Flat F. M. staircase. These stairs are attached to a wall, not to each other. Generally made from metals, the stairs looks as if they are floating to create a staircase. These generally don’t have a rail, but look very simple but chic in any home.
- Lace staircase. This staircase is made of metal with lace-like holes cut into the very end of the individual stair. Light goes through the holes to make a lacy pattern on walls or the floor, depending on the lighting angle. These stairs would be best as a spiral, and are metal with an attached metal railing. These give a very soothing, beautiful look to your home.
- Tree banister staircase. This staircase can be a spiral or straight staircase, depending on the best option for your home. The banister is crafted to look like roots at the bottom stair, and the railing crafted to look like branches growing and curving from the “trunk” growing from the bottom stair. These stairs can be any color, even carpet coated, and the banister can be used with tree like materials, or even a dark colored metal. The banister shape does all the work for this amazing design.
- Tree staircase. This staircase is made from wood as a spiral staircase that is smooth on the underside with stairs on top of the smooth curves. This twisty staircase gives the impression of a tree growing in the middle of your house-giving you an inside connection to nature.
- Under-stairs staircase. These stairs are storage themselves. They are straight stairs built on top of pull of storage units, the storage growing bigger with the stair’s slope. This creates a great amount of storage space that hides for company and has easy access.
Choosing the right staircase designs is a big decision, but luckily the process can be easy. iStairs Sacramento can craft the custom staircase that is best for you. Call in today and install a unique, beautiful staircase in your home.